Tuesday, October 9, 2012

~~the last call of my Daddy my only Superman~~


There lay on the bed my superman losing the battle he had been fighting for so long, giving up all his power against all the forces that was doomed to take him away forever from us, my dear Apa so fragile so weak without an ounce of energy left, I find my super energetic daddy today gravely accepting the sickness taking away his life each day. I am extremely sorry I whispered to my dear daddy choking at the sight of his calm peaceful face for I am failing to cheer him up today because my dear daddy won’t respond to me. I had to believe the doctors when they said he would start losing his consciousness with the dosage of injection they had to give him to subdue the pain. How annoyed is my daddy today that he doesn’t even hear the cry of his little grumpy daughter I argued with god. As I took my dear daddy’s hand into mine, I could hear the faint cry of my dear daddy beseeching for strength in his daughter to let go of their dear daddy forever from them.  
‘’ I am losing it every day and I expect you all to stay strong every day for I will die a contend death and remember that you all have done this old man and the dad in me proud …’’ he had said exhaling the pain breeding from the long illness. Little did this daddy’s little girl in me was willing to come in to terms with her falling superman. Little did this woman in me wanted to accept the painful fact that my dear dad was talking today about no one dying but himself.

I smiled fighting back tears and I saw behind the oxygen mask my dear dad smiled too fighting back tears with pride knowing he is leaving behind a strong daughter.

The most dreaded time came and it was all about how prepared I was. Death finally found a reason to intrude in my life; unannounced and unexpected it came and left leaving everyone aghast, shattered and broken.  I failed miserably too in my promise to be strong against all the toughness of a lady my dear daddy groomed me into, I became that little daughter of him craving for the hands of a super man of her daddy to wipe those tears and convince her everything will be okay…

PS: I lost a part of me with you dear daddy which I know I will never find again until I find myself with you daddy….may your soul rest in peace…see you in heaven…lots of love, hug and kisses…yours Baduama.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its really wonderful how you expressed it. May God bless you always and may your Dad's soul rest in peace..

Unknown said...

May his soul rest in peace! With daughters like and Tshering, he will be kept alive in the hearts of thousands, till eternity.

It is life and we have to come to terms with death, however painful. A great piece of writing. Keep up dear angel!

diary of an untitled princess said...

thank you Bugs and Sir:). trust me to keep moving strongly:)

Post a Comment